Hey, Ladies! This is my first fitness post and I am SO excited to share with you some of my favorite exercises to do from home or when you want to be in and out of the gym. This workout is a 30 minute full-body workout that requires minimal equipment so LET’S. GET. STARTED!
Above is all the equipment you need for this workout. I used 10 lb weights, black Quantum Band and a Go-Fit All-purpose band. I have linked all equipment that I have used.
I recommend purchasing this band package from resistancebandtraining.com. The different levels of resistances are perfect for home workouts. Their website also has educational videos on how to use the bands and different exercises you can use with them.
Below I have linked my activewear and some similar styles. My leggings are actually from an online boutique found here. Use “Nicky10” for money off!
First things first, warm-up. I started with walking lunges. Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions each leg.
Warm up the upper body with 30 body-weight shoulder press
Follow the shoulder presses with 30 body-weight lateral raises
Last warm-up exercise will be mountain climbers. Start in push-up position and bring up your right leg to chest level and alternate to your left. Repeat. Go as fast as you can for 30 seconds.
Now that the boring stuff is over, let’s get started! 🙂
1. We are going to do walking lunges again but this time with our dumbbells. Do 4 sets of 10 repetitions each leg, only 30 seconds rest in-between sets.
2. Next is squat to press. Grab your dumbbells and hold them by your shoulders as shown below. Go into a squat and as you come back up, squeeze your glutes and press the dumbbells to the sky. Do 4 sets of 15 repetitions with 30 seconds rest in-between sets.
Don’t mind my closed eyes 🙂
3. Now we will be doing lateral raises super-setted with pushups.
*Super-sets are when you do two exercises back to back. This is considered one set*
Do 12 lateral raises followed by 5-10 pushups for 3 sets, 30 seconds rest in-between sets.
4. Now we are going to hit the back with dumbbell rows. Make sure your back is straight and your chest is up. Bring the dumbbells to your hips and squeeze your shoulder blades together. Do 3 sets of 20 with 30 seconds rest.
5. Band walks with the Quantum band. Place band around both legs above the knee and go into squat position. You will side-walk to the right for 20 then to the left for 20 for 3 total sets. You will superset banded glute kickbacks after each band walk for 10 each leg. 30 seconds rest in-between sets.
6. The final working set will be tricep extensions using our Go-Fit band. You will be doing 10-15 each arm for 3 sets. 30 seconds rest in-between sets. Place band under your heel and grab to hip position. Extend the band to the sky and come back down to a 90 degree angle. Superset this with rear-delt pulls using the same band. Same amount of repetitions.
7. The best for last, HIIT! HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. It is the form of cardio that I prefer over any cardio method. Essentially, you do a movement/exercise for 15-30 seconds as hard and as fast as you possibly can with 30 seconds rest. Repeat for 5-10 sets. Today we will be doing only 5.
Grab the Quantum band again and place above your knees. Go into squat position and explode up as high as you can. SQUAT JUMPS, you gotta love to hate them!
Annnnnnd you’re done! Congrats! If you’re unfamiliar with the exercises and the form, this may have taken you longer than 30 minutes, but with minimal rest, it usually is around that half-hour mark.
Make sure to down a good amount of water and to eat within an hour of your workout–high protein, moderate carbs is what I recommend.
Did you like this routine? Leave me your feedback! I would love to hear how this routine helped you (or killed you!).